Tagliatelle with Chanterelle Mushrooms is a welcoming Italian recipe that is simple to cook and amazingly tasty. Within only 35 minutes you can have a delicious meal. Using Chanterelle mushrooms adds a lovely additional flavour and aroma. The simple blend of onions, garlic, mushrooms and white wine on a bed of tasty tagliatelle is amazing. Served as a main dish it is filling and satisfying every time.
Tagliatelle with Chanterelle Mushrooms
- Place a pot of salted water on a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Gently wipe the mushrooms with a dry cloth to remove any dirt.
- Slice the Chanterelle mushroom lengthways.
- Add the pasta to the now boiling water and cook per the instructions.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil.
- When hot add the chopped onion and cook until clear, roughly 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until the moisture evaporates and the mushroom begin cooking. Normally about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushroom are cooked, add the wine wine and stir thoroughly.
- Leave it to gently cook reducing in quantity for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 mug off the pasta water.
- Add the cooked tagliatelle, and 1/2 of the reserved pasta water.
- Toss everything together ensuring it is all coated. If the sauce is too thick just add more pasta water, a little at a time.
- Add the chopped parsley and a little grated parmesan and toss again.
- Serve into warmed pasta bowls, with more grated parmesan on top.
- Add a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately