Salmon and Shrimp is a simple recipe that is so full of flavour and texture. Whether you use a large side of salmon or pre cut individual fillets its perfect. Having the amazing seasoning of the garlic powder and paprika give a mild colour with a lovely gentle warmth. Served with the zucchini for a one pan main dish.
Salmon and Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a glass bowl combine the paprika, salt and ground black pepper with the garlic powder and mix thoroughly. This is the seasoning.
- If using a side of Salmon then cut into about four equal pieces. I use pre cut salmon fillets for ease.
- Lightly oil a large baking tray.
- Arrange the salmon fillets and the zucchini on the oiled tray.
- Finely slice the zucchini and add a pinch of salt.
- Liberally season the salmon and zucchini. A little left over seasoning will be used on the shrimp.
- Add the slices of lemon and 3/4 pf the butter to the salmon and also on the zucchini. Drizzle with a little oil.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Put the shrimp into a bowl and add the remainder of the seasoning. Gently toss the shrimp making sure each one is coated.
- Once the salmon has been baking for 5 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Spread the seasoned shrimp to the baking tray spread pout evenly so they bake at the same time .
- Add the remainder of the butter and any left over lemon over the shrimp.
- Return to baking tray to the oven and bake for a further 8 minutes until the salmon is perfectly cooked.
- When cooked, place the salmon fillets on the bottom of a plate with the shrimp on top an the zucchini surrounding it.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.