Stuffed Chiles - Chiles Rellenos
Soft and delicate but with a kick of heat makes these the perfect appraiser on a cold evening. These have proven to be a very popular recipe.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
For the filling:
- Cook the chiles over an open flame or under a broiler until the skin is blistered and black all over.
- Place in a paper bag and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Scrape off and discard the blackened parts.
- Cut a slit in the chilies from top to bottom and remove the seeds and core.
- Set the chilies aside.
- To prepare the filling, heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, stock, salt, and pepper in an electric blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat and cook the tomato mixture, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Fill the chilies with the meat filling.
- Dredge them in flour, dip in the eggs, and fry in a skillet with about 1/2 inch (1 cm) oil over high heat until lightly browned on all sides.
- Spoon the sauce over the chilies and serve immediately.
Sodium: 387mg | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 556mg | Cholesterol: 81mg | Calories: 481kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Fat: 35g | Protein: 21g | Carbohydrates: 21g