Canadian Bacon & Corn Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup niblets corn
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Oil for frying
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 squeeze Maple syrup
- 1 tb butter
- 1 Golden Delicious apples cored and finely sliced into wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tb maple syrup
- Combine milk, melted butter, beaten egg in one bowl. Stir in corn and set aside.
- Combine flour,baking powdered sugar and salt in separate bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Oil pancake griddle. Place 3 bacon slices far apart on griddle and brown on one side.
- Pour corn mixture into flour mixture and stir briefly to moisten.
- Turn bacon over.
- Ladle 2 heaping tablespoon Tbsp. batter over each bacon slice to fully cover. Cook pancakes over medium-high heat until air bubbles form on the top.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until nicely browned.
- Repeat for rest of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and Sautéed Apples.
- Sautéed Apples: Melt butter in medium-sized skillet. Add apple slices and sauté over medium heat 7-8 minutes or until tender and golden. Add cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup and heat through.