Canadian Bacon and Corn Pancakes are a true delight for breakfast and brunch. Also snacks and basically every other part of the day. The pancakes are lovely but covered with maple syrup, Canadian bacon, apple and corn makes it amazing.
Canadian Bacon & Corn Pancakes
A simple but lovely way to show you care.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 2 people
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Oil for frying
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 squeeze Maple syrup
- 1 tb butter
- 1 large apples cored and finely sliced into wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tb maple syrup
- Combine milk, melted butter, beaten egg in one bowl. Stir in corn and set aside.
- Combine flour,baking powdered sugar and salt in separate bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Oil pancake griddle. Place 3 bacon slices far apart on griddle and brown on one side.
- Pour corn mixture into flour mixture and stir briefly to moisten.
- Turn bacon over.
- Ladle 2 heaping tablespoon Tbsp. batter over each bacon slice to fully cover. Cook pancakes over medium-high heat until air bubbles form on the top.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until nicely browned.
- Repeat for rest of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and Sautéed Apples.
- Sautéed Apples: Melt butter in medium-sized skillet. Add apple slices and sauté over medium heat 7-8 minutes or until tender and golden. Add cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup and heat through.
A good way to start Father’s Day with a hearty breakfast.
Calories: 782kcal | Carbohydrates: 135g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1153mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 41g