Nancy’s Fabulous Muffaletta Sandwiches is a sandwich of the kings. The flavour is amazing and the creation is very simple. Using Provolone, Mortadella and Mild cheese will always be amazing. However, add Pimiento Olives, Black Olives and Roasted Sweet Red Peppers and you have a dream sandwich. It has body, texture, flavours galore and and aroma that will have you drooling. Served as a sandwich, main dish, snack all work. Also, try making your own bread for these. Its easier than you think.
Nancy’s Fabulous Muffaletta Sandwiches
- 3 cloves Garlic large, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup green olives stuffed with pimientos Chopped
- 1 cup Pitted black ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Roasted sweet red peppers chopped
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 3 tb parsley chop
- 2 tb White wine vinegar
- 1/3 lb Salami
- 1/2 lb Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 lb Mild Cheese
- 1/3 lb Mortadella Cheese
- 1/3 lb Prosciutto
- The roasted red peppers are Italian-style, available at many Italian delis. When you’re ready for a sandwich the next day, assemble the following:
- One loaf fresh Italian bread (one big round for a monster, individual hero (grinder, sub,…) loaves will do fine for smaller sandwiches)
- Cut the loaf (loaves) in half, and scoop out a little of the inside to make some room.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil and juice from the olive salad on each side of the open loaf use plenty.
- On the bottom, place some salami, olive salad, provolone, mild cheese, and mortadella.
- Top with the other half loaf.
- Slice into wedges (or eat the individual loaves).