Baked Stuffed Potatoes - India
This dish can be prepared ahead.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Scrub the potatoes and bake them in a 400 F. oven for 1 hour or until done.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the filling. Saute the onions and carrots in the oil until they are tender, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and spices and continue to saute for another minute or two, stirring. Add a little water to the pan to prevent sticking, cover it, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the
- bell pepper is just tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, make a lengthwise cut in the top of each one and scoop out at least half of the contents. If you are using large potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop them out, leaving about 1/2 inch of potato clining to the skin.
- Mash the scooped-out potato and then add it to the vegetable-cream cheese mixture. Lower the oven heat to 350 F.
- Fill the potato shells with this mixture and place them in an oiled baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with Spicy Yogurt Sauce. Baked Stuffed Potatoes served with Dal and your favorite chutney make a complete meal.
After stuffing the potatoes, wrap them well and refrigerate for up to two days. When ready to serve, bake them in a 350 F. oven for about 45 minutes
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g