I never would have considered this combination in a thousand years. However when I tried Roasted Parmesan Parsnips, I became addicted. The nutty flavour of the parmesan cheese blends with the parsnips into a gorgeous side dish and snack. These is a side dish that I would make sure is on the table to accompany any roast meal. This recipe can be made in advance and kept in the fridge of even frozen as long as full defrosted before cooking. If you don’t like parsnips, this recipe also works well with sweet potatoes and carrots. However, I would not suggest making all three at the same time!!
Roasted Parmesan Parsnips
- Cut the carrots and parsnips in half lengthways and cut any particularly large pieces in half again.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put a large saucepan of water on a high heat and bring to a boil. When boiling, add the vegetables.
- Boil for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Drain well and move to a baking tray. Make sure the vegetables are spread apart to ensure crispness..
- Add the oil and mix to coat the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and top with Parmesan.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the carrots and parsnips are golden-brown at the edges.