Beef Goulash Soup
Beef Goulash Soup is a dish that is always welcome on a cold evening. The warmth of this dish will make you have at least seconds if not thirds.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs stewing beef cut into 1-inch cubes 900 g, 2 cm
- 3 cups beef stock 750 ml
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 60 ml
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 ml
- 1 cup tomato sauce 250 ml
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp paprika 15 ml
- 1 tsp dried thyme 5 ml
- 1 whole bay leaf fresh
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine the flour, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add the beef to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and brown the beef on all sides.
- Transfer the beef to the slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook covered on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 641mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g