Pork Stir Fry Noodles are a staple order in takeaways but once you have made this, you will never order again. Any left over Pork, Chicken etc, this is where it goes, into a stir fry noodle dish. This simple fast dish has everybody drooling with the aroma filling the house. Whilst the list of ingredients is quiet long, the result is well worth it. The flavours are amazing and will call you back for more and more. We have added Dry Sherry to the recipe for an additional kick but this is optional. This recipes is so simple to follow, it has been given a “even I can do it” rating.
Pork Stir Fry Noodles
- 400 g egg noodles medium
- 400 g pork steaks thin strips
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 cm ginger finely chopped, 1in
- 1 large red pepper
- 150 g mange tout cut into thin strips, 5oz
- 4 large spring onions sliced lengthways
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dry Sherry
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Cook the noodles to pack directions; put about a quarter to one side.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey and sherry with the sesame oil.
- Stir the cornflour into the mixture.
- Cut the carrots into slim matchsticks and deseed and slice the red pepper.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the pork for 5-6 minutes, until almost cooked.
- Remove and put aside
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, spring onions, red pepper and carrots and stir-fry for a further few minutes.
- Put the pork back into the pan, add the mixture and mangetout and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles, heat through and serve immediately
- You can always use broccoli or sugar snaps instead of mange tout.