Stuffed Cranberry And Rice Chicken is one of those recipes that is so easy. However, the simple ingredients produce a main dish that has amazing flavour, texture and aroma and ready in 30 minutes. What more is needed? The cranberries and brown rice create a stuffing in effect used inside the rolled up chicken breasts. Hence the reason to bash the living daylights out of the breasts prior to stuffing and baking. I normally serve this with a small portion of brown rice and a very simple salad. This makes a perfect main dish that always receives thumbs up from young and old.
Stuffed Cranberry And Rice Chicken
- Prepare the chicken breasts and set aside. Combine the rice and rehydrated cranberries and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and thyme to the rice.
- On a flat surface, take about 1/2 cup of the rice mixture and place on the lower third of each chicken breast. Fold over the sides of the chicken breast and roll up. Secure each breast with a toothpick. Continue with all chicken breasts.
- Place all the chicken rolls in a casserole dish. Pour wine in the bottom of the dish. Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
- The chicken breasts should be halved, boned, skinned, and pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- The cranberries should be rehydrated and then drained before using.