This is one of the recipes that every household should know. A recipe for simple burgers that are so easy yet produces an amazing flavour. The sour cream, horseradish, mustard and puree mixed with the onion and beef mince to creates a superb burger. They are better than anything you can buy. Serve with a burger bun, melted cheese and relish for perfection. One of the advantages of this recipe is you can make in advance and store them in the fridge until needed.
- In a frying pan add about 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry gently for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and slightly coloured. Allow to cool.
- Add the minced beef to a large bowl.
- Into the same bowl, add the cooked onion and all the remaining ingredients except the oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper thoroughly combine.
- Split the mixture into 8 equal portion and mould into 1 inch thick burgers.
- You can now place them in the fridge until needed.
- When ready to cook, brush the pan or barbecue with the left over oil.
- Add the burgers and cook for about 5 minutes each side until they are cooked through.
- Serve hot on a toasted burger bun with cheese and sauce.