Spiced Scrambled Eggs and a mug of coffee is the beginning of a great day. The combination of the chilli, spring onion, ginger and garlic on a toasted crumpet makes this a superb breakfast and even better brunch. Everything works on this meal. The appearance, the aroma, the textures and the flavours. All in all a superb meal. Also, when you start making these for weekend brunch, it is amazing how many people will be popping by!! For the children’s version, you can remove or reduce the chilli but it does add the Good Morning kick that I so need.
Spiced Scrambled Eggs
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add all the ingredients except the eggs and seasoning and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the eggs.
- Stir continuously until softly scrambled.
- Season to taste, and spoon onto toasted crumpets.
- Sprinkle with a few reserved pieces of spring onion and serve immediately.