Beef in Oyster Sauce is a pure stir fry recipe that has body, spice and a flavour that is hard to beat. The connection between the beef and the oyster sauce is amazing. Whilst there may be a number of ingredients, the end result is worth the effort. Within 10 minutes you can have a main dish full of heat, flavour and an appearance that makes it even more appealing. Stir frying the recipe makes this an ideal dish as part of a larger Chinese meal. Additional recipes such as Vegetarian Noodles with Peanut Sauce, Chinese Pork Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Pork.
Beef in Oyster Sauce
The Oyster Mushrooms
- For the beef, place the fillet in between two sheets of cling film and bash with a meat mallet or rolling pin until half as thin.
- Slice the beef into thin pieces and place into a bowl, then season with the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put to one aside.
- Heat a wok until smoking and add one tablespoon of the groundnut oil, then add the garlic and chilli.
- Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the spinach leaves and toss for a few seconds, until warmed through. Pile onto a large serving plate.
- Place the wok back on the heat and add the remaining oil, then add the beef slices and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Pour in the Shaoxing rice wine and sprinkle over the dried chilli flakes.
- Pile the beef over the spinach leaves.
- For the oyster mushrooms, heat the oil in the wok and add the oyster mushrooms, stir frying for one minute.
- Add a small splash of water to create some steam to help the mushrooms cook, then season, to taste, with the black rice vinegar and light soy sauce.
- Spoon the oyster mushrooms over the beef and serve.