Chinese Pork Fried Rice is a meal on its own, Everybody loves this fast meal. One of the benefits of this recipe is that you can use any leftover meats so long as it is cooked. I have used Chicken, Beef and Lamb and also thrown in a few prawns I had defrosted. Everything works so well. This recipe can be a meal on its own with a dash of hoisin sauce to the rice. However, it can also be an excellent side dish when served with other Chinese recipes. I have also made this night before and packed it in a sealed container for lunch the following day. Simple, cheap and so tasty.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown colour, remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp. oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in wok; add meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp. of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired