Gorgeous Guacamole is a dip for all seasons. This simple Mexican dish can be tweaked to your taste buds with tomatoes and more. Served as a dip, side dish, snack and appetiser. A simple recipe that includes simple ingredient such as avocados, chillies, onion and lime juice. You can add more for a different texture like chopped tomatoes. Alternatively, my favourite is freshly made bread with a thick covering of this guacamole and chopped tomatoes scattered on top.
- Carefully cut around the avocado along the long side. Cut in far enough so you feel the stone.
- When been all the way round, twist each half in opposite directions should split the avocado into two. If not then try using a spoon to prise it apart.
- Remove the stone and dispose of it unless you want to grow your own plant.
- Using a blunt knife, score the flesh of each half and scoop out using a spoon.
- Place the flesh into a bowl.
- No using a fork, mash the avocado into the texture you like. I prefer smoother but my husband prefers it a bit chunkier.
- Add the salt and lime juice.
- Add the finely chopped onion and chili, chopped cilantro and a good pinch of black pepper. Don’t overdo the chili. Add a little and after testing add more if needed. Safer that way!!
- You may need to add more salt, pepper, lime juice and chillies etc to get it just how you like.
- Serve immediately or if being made in advance, cover with tight clingfilm/food wrap and place in the fridge until needed. The Lime Juice will help prevent the Guacamole turning brown.