Pasta with Broccoli Raab and Olives
- Cook the broccoli raab in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly tender but still firm, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli raab with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the same water and boil until almost cooked - it should still be quite firm.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup (250 ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and sauté the olives, garlic, and chili flakes for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the drained pasta and the reserved cooking liquid and cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with pine nuts if desired.