These tasty little morsels go great with cocktails, or can be served as an elegant first course. Oyster Fritters are chopped oysters coated in a favoured batter and deep fried.
Oyster Fritters are a superb blend of fried seafood with a difference. The batter coating adds a lovely crunch to the soft velvet oyster.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk and butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir until a thick batter is formed. Add the chopped oysters and parsley and stir to mix well.
- Drop into hot oil by teaspoonfuls and fry until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Sodium: 18mg | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 88mg | Cholesterol: 25mg | Calories: 169kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 18g