These tasty little morsels go great with cocktails, or can be served as an elegant first course. Oyster Fritters are chopped oysters coated in a favoured batter and deep fried.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk and butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir until a thick batter is formed. Add the chopped oysters and parsley and stir to mix well.
- Drop into hot oil by teaspoonfuls and fry until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.