Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Beat together the cottage cheese, sour cream or yogurt, egg yolks, and optional lemon peel.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and nutmeg and beat into the cottage cheese mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cottage cheese mixture.
- Lightly coat a hot griddle of large skillet with the butter or oil and add the batter by the heaping tablespoon.
- Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve immediately.