Everybody loves a cheese sandwich but this takes them to a new level. The Mozzarella melts to such a gooey mess it is perfect. This gorgeous mess is the Warm Mozzarella Sandwich – Mozzarella in Carrozza. The fried bread makes this soft yet crispy. I have added sliced ham to this for a chunkier sandwich that the children love. When you think of French Toast, multiply it by Mozzarella and coat it with breadcrumbs. That is this sandwich. Whilst it can be deep fried if you want, it is perfect either way. When you want to feed the family within minutes then I strongly recommend this. It will bring smiles to the faces
Warm Mozzarella Sandwich - Mozzarella in Carrozza
- Cut the bread into 3-inch (8 cm) rounds using a cookie cutter or the rim of a small glass.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick and slightly smaller in diameter than the bread slices.
- Make sandwiches of the bread and cheese and briefly dip each into the milk.
- Season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Seal the edges of the sandwiches by pressing them gently, and coat thoroughly with the bread crumbs, rolling the sandwiches in the bread crumbs like a cartwheel to coat the edges.
- Heat the oil to 375F (190C) in a deep fryer or large skillet.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and fry in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.