Miso Vegetable Stir Fry is a succulent meal in a single dish. Also you can remove the Pork to have a memorable vegetarian meal. This is easy to prepare and exceedingly tasty. When most people think of stir fry, they think Chinese but the Japanese cuisine is a great user of the cooking process. When you can produce a whole meal for 2 people within 20 minutes has to be good. The fast cooking means the vegetables are lovely and soft whilst retaining their colour, texture and flavour. Removing the Pork makes this vegetarian but you can use other meats such as chicken, beef and lamb or any other left overs you have.
Miso Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chop aubergine, green pepper and carrot into bite-size pieces.
- Warm sesame oil in a frying pan. Stir fry pork over a medium heat for approx. 5 minutes, or until it just changes colour.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and leave to one side.
- In the same pan, stir fry carrot and aubergine for approx. 3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add pork back as well as green pepper and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add miso paste, sugar, and cooking sake. Stir through before serving