Mexican Rice - Arroz a la Mexicana
A simple side dish that appears on most Mexican tables during a meal. Lovely and tasty whilst being refreshing at the same time.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the stock in an electric blender or food processor.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the rice until it turns golden.
- Add the tomato puree, remaining stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Mix in the peas and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with the optional garnishes.
Sodium: 672mg | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 616mg | Cholesterol: 131mg | Calories: 699kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 23g | Protein: 54g | Carbohydrates: 66g