Mexican Rice - Arroz a la Mexicana
A simple side dish that appears on most Mexican tables during a meal. Lovely and tasty whilst being refreshing at the same time.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the stock in an electric blender or food processor.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the rice until it turns golden.
- Add the tomato puree, remaining stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Mix in the peas and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with the optional garnishes.
Calories: 699kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g