The Prawn Pesto recipe is a make in advance recipe so is ready for any weekday supper over rice and pasta and is always a winner with the children. Add the healthy spinach and the children don’t even know. Prawn Pesto is such a simple and fast dish that you will return to it time after time. I have included prawns in my recipe but you can add what ever you fancy. Serve with Garlic Bread or Fresh Bread to mop up the sauce. The texture work well together and being able to serve 4 people in under 15 minutes means you have time to relax.
- Put the spinach, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil together with the basil leaves and the lemon zest into a blender and pulse the ingredients into a rough paste.
- Add the Parmesan and blend again until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Taste and season if required.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass/plastic bowl. Add a little bit more olive oil to loosen it up and store in the fridge until needed. Remove and allow to warm before using.
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook the pasta or rice according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Add the prawns and cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked.
- Remove the prawns from the heat and mix with the pesto.
- Pour the prawns and pesto over the rice/pasta and serve immediately.
- Hope you enjoy