Banana French Toast is one of my go to recipes when I need a pick up. This is also an ideal way of using up bananas. Making a sauce of the honey and cinnamon and then coating the bananas is amazing. I serve this as a main dish for breakfast and brunch and also as a snack.
Banana French Toast
- In a small pan, add the honey and cinnamon and bring to a simmer. Gentle swirl/stir until lovely and golden. This will be the sauce over the toast.
- Add the bananas and gently toss to make sure the bananas are fully coated.
- Crack the egg into a shallow dish and add the milk.
- Beat until fully combined.
- Add the bread, one piece at a time into the mixture and allow to soak for 30 – 60 seconds turning once.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the coated bread and cook for about 3 minutes before flipping over for a further 3 minutes. The Toast should be golden brown and lovely.
- Place the cooked French toast (eggy bread) on a warmed plate and place the bananas and sauce over the toast.
- Serve immediately.