Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs is my favourite brunch meal. It has all of the textures that breakfast and brunch should have. I first tried this for myself and my family; four in total. The following weekend I had 14 people waiting to test this recipe!!!! The potato, mushrooms, onion and especially the spinach make this simple dish a meal that will keep you going til supper. When you serve Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs, people tend to watch it for a moment as if they don’t want to damage it. However, when the first mouthful is gone, they are too involved to even talk.
Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, drain and cook slightly
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute
- Roughly mash the potato and mix into the onion mixture
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes
- Divide the potato hash into 4 rounds
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the hash rounds for 2 minutes on each side
- Top with bacon and a poached egg and serve