This delicious breakfast bruschetta is perfect for sharing at weekends with friends or family. It’s high in protein, so can keep you feeling full for longer, and the tomatoes provide one of your 5-a-day. A simple breakfast and brunch recipe that includes bacon, eggs, bread and tomatoes is always a winner. This recipe can fill the heartiest of appetites.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes on a large baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season and bake for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile brush the bread with the remaining oil, place on a baking tray and add to the oven for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
- Place the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 7-8 minutes then cut into thick slices.
- Mix with the tomatoes and use to top the toasted bread.
- Serve topped with a poached egg and sprinkle with the parsley.