This is a simple dish that is on my “in a rush” menu. Fast Lemon Salad is an accurate name for a main dish. It takes less than 25 minutes from start to eating. The salmon is baked and grilled resulting in perfectly flaked pieces. Adding herbs and spices like paprika, oregano and parsley add subtle flavours.
Fast Lemon Salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the lemon-garlic sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, virgin olive oil, paprika, pepper and garlic in a glass bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cut a piece of kitchen foil 2 1/2 times the width of the baking tray. Line the baking tray with the excess over both sides of the tray as they will be folded over to cover the salmon and create a tent.
- Using a brush, oil the foil ready for the salmon.
- Using kitchen paper, dry the salmon portions.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides and place them on the foiled covers baking tray.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the salmon.
- Carefully fold the excess foil over , making sure not to spill the sauce. Scrunch both edges of the foil together to form a seal.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The salmon should not be fully cooked yet.
- The thickness of the salmon determines the length of time required.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and open the foil lid. Be careful as very hot.
- Place the salmon, still in the baking tray under the broiler/grill for 2 minutes. This just put a mild crust on the salmon so needs to be watched.