A lovely Greek salad that has an abundance of taste and textures. The soft chicken and Kalamata olives makes this a filling meal suitable for diabetics.
Greek Orzo Chicken Salad
A lovely Greek salad that has an abundance of taste and textures. The soft chicken and Kalamata olives makes this a filling meal suitable for diabetics.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb orzo macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp dill chop
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 2 cups chicken cook/chop
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 head Boston lettuce well washed, and drained
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put orzo into 1 gallon of boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente or barely tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill. Pour over warm orzo. Mix well, then cool. Carefully mix in the onion, olives, chicken, and feta cheese.
- Separate 6 whole unblemished leaves from the lettuce. Place on 6 individual salad plates. Mound salad on each leaf, dividing total recipe equally.
Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 4g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Calories: 563kcal | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fat: 19g | Protein: 40g | Carbohydrates: 57g