Katjang Sauce – Spicy Peanut Sauce is a simple recipe that packs a punch with the chillies and molasses. This is definitely one to try whether as a dip or as a sauce. The flavour and aroma of the finely ground peanuts gives this dish away. Served with Chicken Satay for a perfect starter or canapes. Also this dish only takes 15 minutes to make and can be made in advance and stored until you need it. In my opinion this is best served at room temperature as a dip or hot as a sauce. However, I have served chicken, beef, vegetables and pork with this Katjang Sauce – Spicy Peanut Sauce.
Katjang Sauce – Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and cook the shallots and garlic 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but not brown.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the ground peanuts, soy sauce, molasses, lime juice, ginger, and chilies or cayenne.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.