Chive Creamy Sauce is a simple sauce that takes only 10 minutes from start to finish to produce a sauce that is a perfect compliment to proteins such as chicken. Any combination of cream, shallots and mushrooms is going to be a hit. However, when you add white wine, chicken stock and Dijon mustard and the titled Chives, you have a sauce that is hard to beat. All of the ingredients are powerful in their own right but when combined the form a subtly flavoured sauce . Serving this with rice is a perfect way of soaking up the sauce. It is too good to leave any.
Chive Creamy Sauce
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour; stir to coat. Add wine, broth and the 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Pan fry the mushrooms until soft and golden brown and add to the chicken.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in chives and serve immediately.