Spaghetti alla Carbonara is a classic Italian dish that is quick, filling and every so tasty. The tasty fried bacon, silky pasta and thick egg and cheese sauce will always be perfect. I always serve this as a main dish as it has the body to fill the heartiest of appetites. This is a fast recipe to prep and cook in only 15 minutes.
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- Saute the pancetta or bacon until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Combine the eggs, half the cheese, cream, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- Drain and immediately add to the serving bowl, tossing to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- The hot pasta will cook the eggs and make the sauce thicken. If necessary, return the pasta with the sauce to the cooking pot and shake over very low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Top with the cooked pancetta, a grating of black pepper, and the remaining cheese.
- Instead on Pancetta, you can use 4 -6 rashers of smoked bacon.
- I use spaghetti but you can use others if you prefer.
- You can use Pecorino or Romano instead of Parmesan