Ham and Cheese Linguine is a delightful simple recipe that is suitable for all of the family. I use baked ham for this recipe but any meat especially prosciutto works well. A simple Italian main dish ready from start to the table in only 20 minutes. I love linguine and use it for this recipe. However, spaghetti, farfalle, conchiglie are also ideal.
Ham and Cheese Linguine
- Place a large pan of salted water over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the linguine. and cook according to the package instructions.
- Cut the ham into small chunks and put to one side.
- Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and fry the ham
- Drain the pasta once cooked keeping a mug of the pasta water for later.
- Return the linguine to the pan and add the ham. Take it off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice, egg yolks, diced chilli and crème fraîche and mix well.
- Add the basil and parmesan cheese and mix again.
- Mix everything together and add a little of the pasta water to thin the mixture. The sauce should be lovely and creamy and shiny. It will coat the linguine and ham.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls and top with additional grated cheese.