Honey Pecan Swirled Cake
Serve with a mug of coffee for a lovely snack. Especially good when in a rush.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 8 slices
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup honey, pecans, cranberries, chocolate chips and cocoa powder. In separate bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup honey, egg yolks, matzo meal, potato starch and salt.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whites into egg yolk mixture. Mix egg yolk mixture back into remaining egg whites.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in greased 9-inch springform pan. Spoon half of pecan mixture on top. Repeat with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- With spoon, gently swirl filling into batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes, or until cake starts to pull from side of pan and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sodium: 153mg | Sugar: 45g | Fiber: 13g | Potassium: 256mg | Calories: 542kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 79g