Grilled Tuna in Anchovy Sauce is a simple grill recipe that combines to different fish in a dish. This is a thoroughly enjoyable main dish. The tuna is cooked quickly and very simply using only salt, pepper and olive oil. However serve this on a bed of piping hot rice for a filling meal ready in under 10 minutes. Also the sauce is full of Spanish and Mediterranean flavours with the black olives, anchovies, capers and white wine. The mustard give the sauce its colour as well as a bit of heat. This is a lovely dish even for the faint hearted.
Grilled Tuna in Anchovy Sauce
- 2 oz anchovies can, drained and rinsed
- 10 fresh Mediterranean-style black olives pitted and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine 60 ml, or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp parsley 30 ml, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 30 ml
- 2 tbsp capers drained, 30 ml
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, broil, or pan fry to desired degree of doneness.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in an electric blender or food processor and process until smooth. Omit the mustard if you dont want the bright colour.
- Spread a tablespoon (15 ml) of the sauce on each tuna fillet after they have finished cooking and serve immediately, with additional sauce on the side.
- Superb with seasonal vegetables,