Italian Tomato and Bread Salad - Panzanella
Italian Tomato and Bread Salad - Panzanella is a simple but filling and totally tasty salad that blends simple ingredients with Italian flavours.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cups bread 1-inch cubes, 750 ml
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 large cucumber peel/chop
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves 125 ml, chopped
- 3-6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup green olives pitted/chop, 250 ml
- 2 tbsp balsamic 30 ml
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil 60 ml
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine the bread, vegetables, basil, garlic, and olives in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Calories: 679kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 2128mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g