Grilled Salmon in Hot Mustard Butter is an easy simple main dish recipe that works every time. Being able to knock this dish out for four people within 10 minutes is a life saver. Whilst I normally use Salmon, any fish so long as the flesh is firm can be used. Fish such as cod and pollack work well. I serve this with Boiled Potatoes with Herbs and Broccoli with Sesame Seeds for an easy meal. The mustards and lemon juice adds so much flavour into the Salmon without overpowering it. This is an emergency dish that all home cooks should have in their repertoire.
Grilled Salmon with Mustard Butter
- Combine the butter, mustards, herbs, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Roll the mixture into a log about 4 inches (10 cm) long and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Rub the salmon steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a grill over moderate heat and cook, turning once, until the flesh is firm to the touch and opaque throughout.
- Place a 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slice of the butter on each portion.