A piece of South Pacific perfection. Chicken Tahitian is a perfect combination of chicken and succulent fruits such as pineapple, papaya and mango. This sweet mixture is then added with Soy Sauce, Lime or lemon juice and Orange Juice for a delicious gathering of flavours. I normally serve this one of two ways. Either on a bed of piping hot rice or with
Low Fat Roast Potatoes. The Chicken Tahitian sauce is superb with the rice and the potatoes and can be used to make sure that nothing is left behind. Everytime I have served this, it has been incredibly popular and the recipe has been requested time and time again.
- 2 whole chickens cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp butter 30 ml, vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice 250 ml
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 60 ml
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 ml
- 2 tbsp soy sauce 30 ml
- 1 tbsp cornstarch 15 ml, cornflour
- 1 large pineapple peel, deseed, diced
- 1 large papaya peel, deseed, diced
- 1-2 large mangos peel, deseed, diced
- Brown the chicken pieces in the butter in a skillet over high heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat
- Stir constantly.
- Add the fruits and pour over the chicken for the last 10 minutes of cooking.