Stir Fried Shrimp and Broccoli is an amazing dish that is good for you and so very tasty. This dish is sufficient for 6 people and ready within 20 minutes. This can be served as part of a meal as a side dish or as a main course. I often have this for lunch at weekends and has proven very popular with family and friends. I use shrimp as it is cheaper but prawns are an alternative or even a mixture. The flavours are amazing and the colours enticing. Stir Frying the vegetables in this way gives them the delictae softness yet keeping their colour and slight crunch. The broccoli should be cut into mouthsize florets. Also the shrimp should be large, out of their shell and deveined but most supermarkets will sell them.
Stir Fried Shrimp and Broccoli
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, corn-starch, garlic, and ½ cup water.
- Season the shrimp with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, tossing occasionally, until almost opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, and onion and cook, tossing, until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, whisk the soy sauce mixture again to redistribute the corn-starch, and add it to the skillet.
- Cook, tossing frequently, until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve with the rice.
- The shrimp should be large, peeled and deveined.
- The broccoli should be cut into small florets.