Fish Stew is a lively recipe that will become a firm favourite all year round.
The fresh seafood and rich tomato sauce makes this a delicious dish with a sumptious suprise at the base of each bowl.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 8 people
- 2 kg fish fillets and shellfish fresh
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 kg tomatoes ripe , skinned
- 125 ml red wine
- 1 fresh fresh chilli to taste
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 8 slices bread toasted
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Black pepper to taste
- Clean and prepare the fish and shellfish or ask the fishmonger to do it.
- Cut fish fillets into large chunks and seafood into manageable pieces.
- Put the oil, onion and garlic into a large pan and fry briefly.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, chilli, parsley and fennel seeds and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the larger pieces of fish to the sauce first aa they will take longer to cook. Add the more tender fish (soul ,mullet etc) and the shellfish, ending up with the mussels.
- Cook for five minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the mussels have opened.
- Rub the bread with garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and put each slice in the bottom of a deep soup bowl.
- Pour over the soup and serve. Yes you did read it correctly. Pour the stew on top of the bread.
Don't forget to throw away any mussels that remain closed.
Sodium: 965mg | Sugar: 10g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 970mg | Cholesterol: 183mg | Calories: 534kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 19g | Protein: 27g | Carbohydrates: 61g