When you are fed up with normal guacamole try this. Smoked Chile and Mango Guacamole takes it to a new level with little effort and time. Adding the chillies gives it a superb kick whilst the mango provides a refreshing juicy texture. These can be served as part of a meal such as Quick Nachos, Beef Fajitas or Chicken Flautas. Also can be eaten just with tortillas crisps for a delicious naughty snacks. Served with a glass of wine for a adult treat. You can make this in advance and store in a sealed container in the fridge for a day or two.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 large plum tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 whole dried chipotle chiles finely crushed
- 2 large avocados halved/diced
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped white
- 1 whole serrano chile minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 large mango cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- tortilla chips to serve
- 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Stir in half of the diced plum tomatoes and add the shallot, crushed chipotles and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chiles are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the avocados, onion, serrano chile, lime juice and the remaining diced tomato to the bowl and stir gently.
- Gently fold in the diced mango and the 1 cup of chopped cilantro and season with salt.
- Garnish the guacamole with cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips.