Breakfast Burritos are one of those recipes in life that always makes you smile. The classic mix of bacon, eggs, peppers and scallions all wrapped in a tortilla is a piece of perfection. This simple recipe is filling for even the heartiest of appetities. The diced pan fried potatoes add body and teture whilst the smooth eggs add a creamy texture. The combination of the potatoes, bell peppers, scallions, cheese, bacon and eggs make this a superb meal regardless of the time of day. I often warm the tortillas and then wrap in foil keeps them warm for a few hours. Breakfast Burritos are a firm family favourite that are quick to make and enjoyed by everyone.
- 1 tbsp butter 15 ml
- 1 medium potato finely diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 4 rashers bacon cooked
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 4 large Flour tortillas
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese shredded, 100 g
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style salsa 125 ml
- 2 large scallions finely chopped
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over moderate heat and saute the potato and pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until set.
- Divide the egg mixture between the tortillas and top with the cheese, salsa, and scallions.
- Roll up, tucking the ends under.