These Mushroom and Sausage Mini Quiches are superb for lunch boxes and picnics or when you are on the go and get the munchies. They are quick to prepare and produce about 12 quiches. Ideal for several adults. When you serve these warm with a mixed salad and olive oil vinaigrette, the are at their best. All in all these are lovely snacks that kids and adults devour. Great for lunchboxes, picnics and party food, Simple recipe everybody can cook – even me! For similar quiche recipes click HERE. Don’t forget, these are easy to cook and a joy to eat. My children love to cook and learnt from recipes like these.
Mushroom and Sausage Quiches
- Position rack in centre of oven; preheat to 325°F.
- Coat a non-stick small fairy cake tin generously with cooking spray or butter.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes depending on the number of type of meat used. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions/green onions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared cake cups. Place a heap tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup. Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.