Anyone reading the heading Brunch Packed Omelette will start licking their lips. The ingredients give a hint to the amazing flavours to follow especially in only 10 minutes. The flavours of a traditional omelette but with a filling the makes it a meal in its own right. The potatoes, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes bring colour, texture and superb taste bud tickling flavours. This dish can be served as a breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. I have used ham and potatoes from other meals in this recipe and it works every time.
Brunch Packed Omelette
- Heat the oil in a small non stick frying pan approx. 20cm diameter and fry the bacon for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes then stir in the potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together, season and pour into the pan.
- Cook gently for 3-4 minutes loosening the edges with a spatula.
- Place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes, adding the tomatoes for the last 1 minute, until golden and cooked throughout.
- Cool slightly before turning out of the pan.