A vibrant simple recipe that is full of flavour and can be eaten hot or made in advance and eaten cold. Pasta Pesto with Farfalle is a lovely tasty dish that is ideal for main dishes, side dishes and children’s snacks. Luckily, this pasta dish contains most items that we have in the cupboards anyway.
Pasta Pesto with Farfalle
- Place a large saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the Farfalle (or other pasta) to the boiling water and cook until perfect.
- Whilst cooking, heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and fry until soft. Add the pesto and season to taste.
- Quarter the plum tomatoes and place in side dish ready for serve.
- Drain the pasta using a sieve/colander over a clean mug to catch some of the water.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and pour of the pesto, onion, garlic and seasoning mixture and combine thoroughly.
- If the pesto sauce is too thick, pout a little of the starchy pasta water into the bowl to loosen.
- Stir in the grated parmesan and serve hot or leave it to cool and place in airtight containers in the fridge until required.
- Add the chopped tomatoes for colour and texture.