I love omelettes and have tried adding lots of combinations of fillings. Pork and Mushroom Omelette is one of the best. Full of flavour and textures, this dish is both satisfying and filling and ready in 10 minutes. This can be a breakfast, brunch and main dish without any changes. I add anything I have left over as well including boiled potatoes, vegetables and peppers. Ideal method to use left overs.
Pork and Mushroom Omelette
- Add a little oil and butter to a small frying pan. When melted, add the sliced mushrooms and pan fry until cooked.
- Place mushrooms on a kitchen towel to dry off. (Don’t want the mushroom colour staining the omelette).
- Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan over a medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the fish sauce, ground pork, pepper and cooked mushrooms to the eggs. Include diced boiled potato chunks if you have any.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully pour in the egg mixture.
- Fry until the base is cooked and using a fish slice, flip it over and quickly cook the other side.
- I like to cook one side the then fold it in half and cook for a minute or two longer for a lovely soft centre.