Just’s Jerk Spare Ribs is a favourite of a good friend Justina, hence Just’s. This is a lovely American recipe that can be served as a main dish with chips, jacket potato, salad or on its own. It can also be served as a snack or side dish. The ribs are sticky, tasty and totally delicious and only take 45 minutes to cook. The success is the marinade which can be made in advance. I like to prepare the ribs the night before for that extra POW! These can also be perfect for BBQ.
Just’s Jerk Spare Ribs
- In a large dish with high sides, add the salt, ground pepper, thyme, allspice, garlic powder and chilli flakes and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pork ribs and rub the dry ingredients all over the ribs. Make sure they are coated.
- Pour the jerk sauce over all of the ribs and then add the rum.
- Mix the ribs with the wet ingredients until covered again. You now have lovely layers of flavours.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm/lid etc and place in the fridge to marinate. Leave for at least 1 hour but longer is better.
- When ready to cook the ribs remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Transfer the ribs to a roasting tin.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F/Gas Mark 6.
- When up to temperature, place the ribs into the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through. They should be lovely and sticky and a gorgeous colour.
- Serve immediately.