Oriental Meatballs are simple yet amazingly flavoured. The combination of ground pork with traditional Chinese ingredients of Hoi Sin, Ginger and Scallions (Spring Onions) is amazing. The mixture creates a flavour that catches everybody out. Also, cooking these is a slow cooker gives you the time to have fun knowing that a lovely meal is on auto pilot. These Oriental Meatballs are ideal as a starter, side dish and main dish served with hot rice and simple greens. However, as a starter, serve with Soy Sauce and Sesame Dipping Sauce for a perfect nibble. As a side dish and main dish, serve with many recipes from the Chinese Category.
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Discard the drippings and transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the meatballs and cook covered on high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.