A superb dipping recipe with a clean taste and nice a thick.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- Simmer the cream over a low flame, uncovered, in a small saucepan for about 20 minutes, or until reduced to about half its original volume.
- In a fondue pot, or other flame-proof enameled or earthenware casserole that fits over a candle warmer or electric hot tray, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the anchovies and the garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the reduced cream and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Do not let the sauce boil.
- Serve immediately with the cold raw vegetables and the bread sticks or Italian bread for dipping. If the butter and the cream separate at the table, recombine them using a wire whisk.
I always have a selection of dipper ie. cucumbers, carrots, fennel, bell peppers, celery, scallions, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms, cut into a mouthful size.
Sodium: 90mg | Sugar: 0.1g | Fiber: 0.03g | Potassium: 63mg | Cholesterol: 129mg | Calories: 341kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Fat: 37g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 2g