A colourful, tasty recipe you can share with your friends, and it has the added benefit of being introducing children to both vegetables and seafood in one go.
Peppers Stuffed with Corn and Crab Meat
A tasty recipe that is both a side dish and a main dish in one go.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 4 large green or red bell peppers cored and seeded
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernals frozen or fresh, 625 ml
- 6 oz crab meat drained shell free, 170 g
- 4 oz pimientos drain and chop, 115 g
- 1 large egg free range
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk 125 ml
- 1 tbsp melted butter 15 ml
- Salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Steam or boil the peppers until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine the corn, crab meat, and pimientos in a pot over low heat.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the corn mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is hot and slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the corn mixture and serve immediately.
Love this simple recipe that may be easy it is so very tasty.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g