Gujarati Carrot Salad is an easy recipe that creates a spicy Indian hit to a lovely side dish. Using only a few ingredients creates a tasty dish that can be served chilled or at room temperature. Both ways produce an enjoyable blend of flavours and textures.
Gujarati Carrot Salad
- Combine the carrots and salt in a mixing bowl, tossing to distribute the salt.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil and remove from the heat as soon as the seeds begin to pop, about 2 to 3 seconds.
- Pour the hot oil and mustard seeds over the carrots.
- Add the lemon juice and optional raisins and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- The raisins should be soaked in hot water for 1 hour for soften and clean them.