Ham, Potato and Leek Casserole is a simple recipe that is filling, smells superb and looks appealing. The three main requirements of an excellant main dish. The three main ingredients of Ham, Potato and Leek work so well together especially during the autumn/winter months. This will be a family favouorite. To make this recipe, you later the ingredients in the same way as a lasagna, That way every bite is full of flavour and texture. I normally serve this on its own as it is literally meat and two veg. It may seem strange but if the ham is salty, you can use milk instead of the chicken stock.
Ham, Potato and Leek Casserole
- Place one third of the potatoes in a greased 3-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with one third of the leeks, pimientos, and flour.
- Add half the ham.
- Repeat, and finish with a layer of leeks, pimientos, and flour.
- Season with salt and pepper - remember, the ham may be salty - and pour the milk over all.
- Dot with butter and bake covered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake until the potatoes are tender and the liquid has thickened, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.